It’s time to cut up that stack of papers I’ve been glueing together. Here’s the final stack:
And here it is sliced up:
I had hoped for a bigger stack but the results are interesting anyway; there is more colour visible than I expected. And it is a truly unique piece: there is no other way to make it than to patiently glue papers one by one and it is impossible to replicate.
I knew I wanted a glossy surface so I tried a few options:
I didn’t like the colour – too intrusive, not integrated. The acrylic wax + gloss medium combination gave the surface I liked best, probably because the wax sealed the surface first, allowing the gloss coats to shine.
You can see the gloss in the photo on the right. And there’s some gold leaf pushed into some cavities too.